Terms & Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully as by using our website and purchasing any products you are agreeing to them. By clicking the ‘Accept’ button at checkout you agree to these terms and conditions. By completing and submitting the electronic order form (or proceeding through the ‘checkout process’) you are making an offer to purchase goods which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. Neither submitting an electronic order form or completing the checkout process constitutes our acceptance of your order by Circle One.
We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Apple Pay, Android Pay & Paypal. Goods will only be dispatched once payment has cleared.
Our prices exclude delivery. Delivery pricing is dependent on delivery method, country destination and weight.
VAT is included in the price (unless otherwise stated) and will be charged at your country’s standard VAT rate and is subject to change without notice. Circle One is VAT registered.
Circle One Surf Company reserve the right to cancel any orders where pricing errors have occurred without notice.
Pricing & availability
In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or technical fault or product information received from our suppliers, Circle One shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. Circle One shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Circle One shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.
Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. Circle One reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. Circle One reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. We may require additional verifications or information before accepting any order.
If for some reason you are not happy with your product you can return it to us for a refund or exchange within 30 days from date of delivery. In order to qualify for a refund or exchange, you must request your RAN within 30 days of receiving your item, having taken good care of it and kept it in an unused state, complete with packaging and all its components. See the Returns Page for details on how to get your RAN and returning your item.
The refund will be made to the payment method used to place the order unless requested otherwise. The refund will be made as soon as the item has been returned. You will not be refunded for the P&P of your item, but please be aware that you are responsible for the returned item until it has reached us. We recommend using a secure delivery method which requires a signature upon receipt such as Royal Mail Recorded Delivery. This does not affect your statutory rights.
All returns should be sent back to us at the following address:
CIRCLE ONE SURF Co
LORDS MEADOW INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
DEVON EX17 1ES
If you require an urgent exchange, it would be quickest to place a new order online first, then return the existing item marked (as per our normal returns process) for a full refund.
Please ensure you include your original (or copy of) delivery note with a reason for the return or exchange. If you cannot locate the original delivery note or order details then please provide your full contact name and address (used to place the order) so we can trace the order details.
Returns must be UNUSED with ORIGINAL TAGS attached and in the ORIGINAL packaging (where applicable) and in a resalable condition. This is the only way we can issue a refund or arrange an exchange.
It is usually the case you can re-use the packaging the order came in to send goods back to us. In the case of the Surfboards and related products, please ensure (if possible) you use the original reinforcement material contained in the packaging in order to minimise potential damage.
All returned goods remain your responsibility until they reach us. We advise you use a secure delivery method which requires a signature upon delivery. As soon as returned goods reach us, we will process your refund or exchange as a matter of urgency and inform you of progress via email. Please note all exchanges are dispatched using the cheapest delivery method and postage costs are covered by Circle One.
Surfboard Delivery: due to their more fragile construction, we make extra effort to pack our surfboards really well in order to minimise damage in transit. It is rare that damages occur but we strongly urge you inspect the board at point of delivery. If you find any damage to the product, please sign as ‘damaged’ and contact us on 0330 043 1256 at your earliest convenience.
We will make every effort to deliver your order within the time estimate (the estimate is in working days unless otherwise stated) provided on our website. However, this is an estimate, and delivery within the time quoted cannot be guaranteed. If the goods are not delivered within the time we have estimated, please feel free to contact us by telephone or email and we will try to resolve the issue promptly.
Business Days are Mon-Fri not including Bank Holidays.
For all delivery services(except Royal Mail) we are able to give the courier additional delivery instructions (e.g. if no-one home, please leave item in garage etc). Please ensure you provide us with additional info at checkout if this will assist delivery. We deliver to both residential and business/work addresses. It may be more convenient to provide a business address as there is more likelihood someone can take delivery. But it is entirely up to you.
Our courier partners always endeavour to deliver on time, but adverse weather conditions may cause delays.
We will not be liable for any loss caused to you by late delivery over the estimated provided.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to notify us if the goods have not been received within 21 days of the estimated delivery date or receipt of our invoice. If no notification is made within this time period the buyer shall be deemed to have received the goods.
Many of the products Circle One sell should be used alongside safety equipment such as a helmet, gloves and kneepads. It is the responsibility of each individual to the purchase relevant insurance where applicable and Circle One Surf Company accepts no responsibility for the injury or fatality of an individual or third party whilst using any products sold through ourselves.
Circle One reserves the rights to update and change the terms and conditions at any time.
All content of this site www.circle-one.co.uk is the sole property of Circle One. All images, graphics, and copy are protected by international copyright and intellectual property laws.
You may not copy, transfer, reproduce, re-transmit, or modify any portion of this site without the express written permission of Circle One. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Circle One harmless from and against all losses, claims, damages, expenses and costs, including solicitors’ fees resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions related to your account by you or any other person accessing the site using your account.
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
We collect and process your data to pursue our legitimate interests, in ways they would reasonably expect as part of running our business and which does not impact your rights, freedom or interests.
If you have placed an order with www.circle-one.co.uk, or registered to receive our newsletter, we assume you are interested in our products or services. We will send you our periodic e-mail newsletter, and any special offers from time to time.
You can unsubscribe from these mailings at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all our newsletters, or by contacting us on [email protected].
We may use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers.
If you have had problems placing your order and abandoned your shopping basket, we may e-mail you to offer assistance in completing your order.
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example if you enter a competition we are running via our site or facebook, and tick a box to receive email newsletters.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, when you place an order online or by phone for delivery to your home. We’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Jeff Townsley Ltd to law enforcement.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website, and use your account to buy products and services
- When you apply to make a purchase on finance
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data – you may still opt in to receive our newsletter).
- When you create an account with Circle One Surf Company.
- When you purchase by phone or at our office but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
- When you purchase by phone or at our office and have an existing account.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter our competitions.
- When you fill out any forms on www.circle-one.co.uk
- When you choose to respond to any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
If you have a web account with us (or place an order as a guest): your name, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number.
If you apply to make a purchase on finance at checkout (assuming you are accepted for finance terms) then our finance partner Divido Ltd will supply us with your name, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number in order to process and deliver your order.
- Details of your interactions with us online, via e-mail, or over the phone.
- For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you made, items viewed or added to your basket, voucher redemptions, products you show interest in, web pages you visit and how and when you contact us.
- Details of your shopping preferences.
- Payment card information.
- We do not store full card details either online or offline. At no time during the circle-one.co.uk checkout process does anyone have access to your card details – all online card processing is handled by Stripe.com.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- To deliver the best possible experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit.
Information of children
Jeff Townsley Ltd (trading as circle-one.co.uk) does not target and is not intended to attract children under the age of sixteen. Although visitors of all ages may navigate through our website we do not knowingly collect or request personal information from those under the age of sixteen. If, following a notification from a parent, guardian or discovery by other means, a child under sixteen has been improperly registered on our site by using false information, we will cancel the child’s account and delete the child’s personal information from our records.
How and why do we use your personal data?
Your name and contact details
- Deliver your purchases to you. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you.
- Send you service messages by e-mail such as order confirmation and updates. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you.
- Sending you information by email, about our new products and information we think might be interesting for you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Sending you unfinished order e-mails to determine if we can help with an unfinished shopping basket.
- Fraud prevention and detection. To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Jeff Townsley Ltd.
- Showing you a few circle-one.co.uk adverts as your browse the web
Your payment information
This means your card’s number, security/CVV code. We don’t keep them.
How we use your payment information
- Take payment, and give refunds. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you.
- Fraud prevention and detection. To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Jeff Townsley Ltd
Your contact history with us
What you’ve said to us, for example, over e-mail, the phone, or on social media.
We use your contact history to provide customer service and support. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you.
Purchase history and saved items
What you’ve purchased and what you’ve stored in your basket for another time
How we use your purchase history and saved items:
-Sell you things. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you – if you can’t put things into a basket, you can’t buy it!
-Provide customer service and support, and handle returns. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you
Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website
- Information you give us when you browse our site, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website.
- How we use information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website.
- Improve our website and set default options for you (such as language and currency). To give you the best possible shopping experience
- Protect our website. To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Jeff Townsley Ltd, essential to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data.
- How we use your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions
- Run the survey, competition or promotion. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you, if we can’t use your entry, you can’t possibly win – do you really want to miss out on a free stuff?
You don’t have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy from the site, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience.
We also anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, data analysis, improving our site. Samples of this aggregate data may also be shared with third parties.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party including your name, address, email address or credit card information.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out below:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, and delivery companies.
- Professional service providers, such as advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business.
- Law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
How to stop marketing messages from circleone.co.uk
If you have placed an order with circle-one.co.uk, or opted in to receive our newsletter, we assume you are interested in our products or services. We will send you our periodic e-mail newsletter, and any special offers/announcements from time to time. You can unsubscribe from these mailings at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all our newsletters, or by contacting us on [email protected]. Once you do this, we will update your information to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing communications. Please note it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request. Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates, abandoned basket / failed order e-mails).
Seeing adverts from circleone.co.uk online
We do engage in limited online advertising to keep you aware of what we’re doing and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we target circle-one.co.uk ads to you when you are on other websites. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks. The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of circle-one.co.uk (e.g, your search history, products you have viewed). You can opt out of these at anytime by clicking the tool option on the banners or adverts.
How we protect your personal data
We know how important data security and your personal data is. With this in mind we will treat your data with care and take all steps to protect it. We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology. Access to your personal data is password-protected, and we don’t store sensitive data such as full payment card information. We regularly monitor our system for vulnerabilities and attacks, and carry out regular site maintenance to improve and maintain security.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We’ll retain your information as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you. Order details will be kept for 7 years as legally required.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
What are your rights over your personal data?
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold on you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold on you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time (for example using ‘unsubscribe’ option at bottom of emails or email us at [email protected])
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator – in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
- If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
Changes to how we protect your privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on circle-one.co.uk, or by some other means such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use circle-one.co.uk
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Any further questions?
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact us at [email protected]
Or write to us at General Manager, Circle One Surf Company, Marsh Lane, Lords Meadow Industrial Estate, Crediton, Devon EX17 1ES.